[Opensim-users] Voice Installation Class

Robert Klein rtkwebman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:20:11 UTC 2009

The installation of Freeswitch on Ubuntu Jaunty was horribly convoluted and
when I ran it up it dumps me to a console and I have no idea if it is even
set up correctly. No errors are listed. Compiling Freeswitch is insane. Then
I made the changes to OpenSim.ini which are pretty straight forward, ran
OpenSim.exe and voice stays ghosted out on the Land/Media settings. I
seriously have no idea where the failure point would even begin to be. I
need this functionality for teaching students so I am determined to get it
working. Is there a minimum version of OpenSim you need to have to run
Freeswitch?

-Robert