[Opensim-users] Noobi question.

Richard Taft taftr_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 23:06:22 UTC 2009

Well for a first timer its long...  I decided to basically start from scratch.  I had a lot of fits and starts getting Fedora to even compile opensim.   Going to try pulling down a fresh copy of Opensim and recompile...  Then only make small changes to the INI and test as I go. I had to install Mono, Nant, and LibGDIPlus by hand. As well as Mysql & the C+ and on and on. I probably should have written it all down since it might have helped someone else.  There are several Fedora guides out there, but none seem to be "Complete" from raw install of fedora to Installing Opensim.

I think rather then add myself to a Grid I may want to become my own grid. There are several friends that have gotten tired of SL and its mess.  I may make a retreat that we can all go to to build create and converse in peace.

Anyone that may have some insight or gotcha warning please feel free to chime in

RichT