[Opensim-users] Mesh based objects (was Re: Basic tutorials in portuguese

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 17:29:21 UTC 2009

Thank you, if it runs under Linux now I will try it out and report any bugs I find.

Certainly there are huge collections of mesh based objects available, both privately generated and available through on line databases.

However, mesh based objects are only part of the compatibility problem.

Much of my Poser work involves customized characters based on such underlying meshes as the DAZ3 "Victoria" series.

Likewise there are various clothing schemes ("painted on", conforming, and "dynamic cloth") and some really strange things done with morphs which come to mind.

One of my (many) projects is to replace the two avatars used by OpenSim with some sort of custom designed ones. The range sold by DAZ3d gives you some idea of the potential here, humans, ogres, fish, various animals, (gasp) kids, and various cartoon characters.

Karen