[Opensim-users] Megaregions & "Prims Position" Limits ( Values over 512m )

Ursula MATOVA ursula.matova at klintcentral.net
Wed Nov 18 22:37:59 UTC 2009

Hi all,
Just want to share with you something interresting about Megaregions &
Third Party SL Viewers.

Well, I'm running a small grid which has an unique Megaregion ( 5x5 ).
I have experienced some problems when trying to build/move/rePosition
a prim over 512m ( X & Y positions ).

The problem is that there are limits for "PosX", "PosY" and also "PosZ".

So, here is the way to "patch" your Viewer to be able to bypass these
limit :

- Into your Viewer installation folder, go to "skins/default/xui/en-us",

- Find the xml file named "floater_tools.xml",

- Edit it and move to line 613

Change the following ( for PosX )

max_val="512"

max_val="16384"

- Repeat the previous operation with PosY ( line 617 ) and PosZ ( line
621 ).

Hope this could help,

Regards,
Ursula.