[Opensim-users] MySQL backups (was RE: linking regions and hypergrid)

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 23:24:16 UTC 2009

THAT is why I made the posting.

WARNING! The same problem likely exists under Mac and Windows, but I don't know the file structure used on those OSes!

NOW is the time to check!

I will sadly provide a free flogging to anyone who gets caught without a proper database backup after this warning!

FWIW I was a sailboat captain for 13 years and part of my "new crew" speech was "Captain Bligh was a nice guy compared to me! He lost 4 men crossing the Pacific, so far I haven't lost anyone in the Pacific Ocean!" It was amazing how well everyone listened to my safety lecture after that! LOL

Karen