[Opensim-users] Changed default av_capsule_tilted to false in OpenSim master

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:06:33 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

There was a bit of discussion last week in the OpenSim dev's office hour and on
irc that changing av_capsule_tilted = false in OpenSim.ini.example would be a
good idea in the master branch for avatar related physics for ODE.

I've now done this in a88a463b5021.  The results do appear to be better - my
avatar doesn't suffer so much from bendy leg syndrome or that sinking feeling.
You may want to try changing it yourself in OpenSim.ini if you haven't already
done so.

The same effect doesn't appear to apply to 0.6.7-post-fixes - avatar posture is
okay there with the 'true' setting.  But feedback through experimentation would
be welcome (on the whole I would prefer not to see this kind of change in a
'release' version though).

I'm a physics messenger here rather than a physics expert.  So if someone in the
core knows this is a bad idea please just change it back.

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey