[Opensim-users] MySQL backups (was RE: linking regions and hypergrid)

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 17:35:43 UTC 2009

Ok I am using 9.10, but I don't think this changed between versions.

The MySQL Baianries are in /usr/bin, but the database info itself is in /var/lib/mysql by default!

That is exactly what bit me! The binaries can be replaced with a simple download/reinstall, but the database ...

Three months later and I am STILL finding stuff that is missing.

I would be even worse off if I hadn't saved most of the stuff with Meerkat backups as I built it!

Karen