[Opensim-users] Test of 0.6.7 post-fixes

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 3 09:06:43 UTC 2009

More on testing 0.6.7 postfixes (r11301). I am using a UGRM setup
with R=AI and a number of regions all on same server.  MySQL is DB in use.

I observe in the message server has a regular message every 5 minutes saying

[SERVER] Registered with http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002

and that continues 3 or 4 times, then I get a red message

Unable to connect to server
http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002.  Server not running?

but after a while I see the successful register messages again. That
has been happening in a soak test overnight all night.

At times I can connect both locally, and over a connection from
outside the local network. , at others I cannot connect and see  a
user server message
[LOGIN] Region is not available for login. System.Net.WebException:
the operation has time out.

I also see this morning that when a user client logs in or logs out I
get a red message in the opensim,.exe console saying:

      Failed to notify message server of agent leaving for <UUID?

and the messaging server gives a red error saying:

      Unable to connect to server http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002.  Server n

At the same time there seem to be a number of data base connection
lost and reconnecting errors in the Grid and message servers.

Anyone else having these sorts of problems with 0.6.7?  My 0.6.6
(r9903) system on which this is based was very stable and did not
show these sorts of problems.