[Opensim-users] Updating OpenSim on Linux

Ryan Tanay ryantanay at newevolution.org
Tue Jun 30 23:54:17 UTC 2009

After browsing the wiki and the OS Grid forums to no avail, I figured
I'd take my query to the mailing list.

Does anyone have a link to a concise guide to updating to a newer
version of OpenSim on a Linux machine?  I've found decent guides for
Windows installs, but other than the obvious steps like copying over
the /Regions directory and your OpenSim.ini files, the Windows update
directions don't seem to apply.

Not sure it makes a difference, but I'm currently running OpenSim on
Gentoo using MySQL for the database.

Thanks!
~Ryan