[Opensim-users] Making Viewer Portable

Len Brown lenwbrown at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 16:10:13 UTC 2009

Actually I missed that!  I followed a few links from there and found exactly
the information I was looking for (I think).  I'll try and test it all out
this afternoon and see if it's as stated.

BTW, for those interested, I discovered that if I install XAMPP (
www.apachefriends.org) I can run MySQL from a thumb and configure OpenSim to
use MySQL using the standard information found various places online.  This
way I can insure that even my "external" MySQL database can easily be backed
up along with OpenSim.

To make things even easier, I downloaded the Portable Apps launcher base (
http://portableapps.com/download) and then installed XAMPP linked from the
same site along with the XAMPP launcher.  The only things that would really
make my day (and I am currently working on accomplishing this) is to launch
OpenSim and the viewer of choice from the Portable Apps launcher so that
OpenSim, the MySQL database and the Viewer can all be launched directly from
a thumb drive and all data saved to it as well.

:)

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Lúthien Athariel <luthien.athariel at gmail.com