[Opensim-users] 0.6.5.1 Tests - problems with OGS1 USER SERVICES?

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:05:50 UTC 2009

I decided to take a look at the 0.6.5.1 and take the plunge of doing
the build myself (I had used the nightly binaries occasionally up to
mid March).  Set up is:

Opensim 0.6.5.1 28-May-2009 from dist.opensimulator.org
Built with runprebuild.bat and compile.bat
On Windows Vista SP1

I am having problems with errors reported by [OGS1 USER SERVICES] and
I just want to check its nothing silly or well knows already before I
delve deeper.

I have a tried a range of ways to bring this up (all in grid mode
with UGAIM and regions/opensim.exe on same system) even just using a
single region, or starting with a single region and empty data base.

I note an unusual message in the User server and inventory server
console windows

User Server

log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: No appender named
[NHibernateFileLog] could be found.
log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Appender named
[NHibernateFileLog] not found.
09:55:42 - Launching UserServer...
09:55:42 - [STARTUP]: Beginning startup processing
09:55:42 - [STARTUP]: Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.5
USER SERVER: User Server (this) External URI for authentication keys
[http://localhost:8002/]:

Inventory Server

log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: No appender named
[NHibernateFileLog] could be found.
log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Appender named
[NHibernateFileLog] not found.
09:55:52 - [STARTUP]: Beginning startup processing
09:55:52 - [STARTUP]: Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.5
INVENTORY: Default Inventory Server URI (this server's external name)
[http://127.0.0.1:8004]:

Niote the server's externakl bname as 127.0.0.1 and localhost...
whereas I have http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002 and external IP/DNS
of virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk etc which is actually
http://129.215.219.138:8002 etc set in my UGAIM XML config files.

----

These are the sort of messages I am seeing in Opensim.exe console
window just before it crashes every time... any pointers anyone?

On a run with a single region:

09:47:12 - [OGS1 USER SERVICES]: Error when trying to fetch profile
data by name from remote user server: System.Net.WebException: Unable
to connect to the remote server --->
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it 129.215.219.138:8002

or on a run with more regions:

2009-06-02 09:05:09,306 ERROR -
OpenSim.Region.Communications.OGS1.OGS1UserDataPlugin [OGS1 USER
SERVICES]: Error when trying to fetch profile data by name from
remote user server: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the
remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection
could be made because the target machine actively refused it
129.215.219.138:8002
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot,
SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean
connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress&
address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32
timeout, Exception& exception)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    at Nwc.XmlRpc.XmlRpcRequest.Send(String url, Int32 timeout)
    at
OpenSim.Region.Communications.OGS1.OGS1UserDataPlugin.GetUserProfile(String
name) in
d:\VW\Opensim\OpenSim\Region\Communications\OGS1\OGS1UserDataPlugin.cs:line 193