[Opensim-users] Database cleanup

LaeMing laeming at exemail.com.au
Tue Dec 22 02:34:17 UTC 2009

Hmmm. When I was in the DB manually editing all my regions' ground textures
and so (36 region megaregion, this was far quicker than doing it in-sim), I
noticed a lot of old regiondata from earlier iterations of my OpenSim
experiments hanging about too. I was able to hand-delete all the unwanted
regioninfo from the mySql tools, but the tools didn't want to let me enter
edit mode for the binary blobs of region heightmaps, so I couldn't work out
how to hand-delete those.

I imagine, like Karen, there is also a lot of dangling cruft built up in my
inventory too. Since I am the only user for now, would it be fair to say
anything in world or in my current inventory has been 'touched' last login,
and assuming mySql does (or can) flag touch dates for entries, could I just
find the method of deleting all entries untouched since my last login (after a
full backup of course)?

Lae