[Opensim-users] Free objects (dmu1 and dmu2 .IAR files)

Jeff1564 jefersonc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 19:10:05 UTC 2009

Hi All,
I agree with Karen, I think that what is happening with OpenSim content is
something like the free mp3 song albums that we have available for free in
the internet to download but worse, because if it was an Opensim album you
will need to call the singer and say
"Hey I found your song can i hear it?"  if you cant contact the singer just
don't hear it.

Adam said -- a lot of what people  think is free content isn’t.
I agree with Adam here, because if I am creator and i want to share, why not
put a notecard inside the item with the permissions.

Karen said -- In other words content or "works" must be considered freely
available to all unless there is evidence to the contrary.

Something like what YouTube does? right? should work that way with OpenSim
too. I think if the item is that important for the creator he should try
track it not the final user. And of course all of us that know one item that
was copied without rights we should do the best to purge it.

If someone upload an item, oar or etc.. to my website its ok. but the
problem starts when someone complain rights about that item to me and after
that the item still available in the website, then yes we have a problem.

Karen said -- This is a vitally important distinction, every bit as
important as the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" in criminal law.

this is 100% true besides Brazil where the cops shoot you before ask.(I am
Brazilian, I know that country, just kiddingggggg)
you know what you are doing when you backup your inventory... so please lets
just... you know... be cool about it.. do the right thing. if you know that
is a restricted item please just don't.

Karen said -- Content must be considered as "public domain" unless there is
some evidence that it is restricted in some way.
indeed.

Visit http://myopengrid.com
Visit http://myopensim.com