[Opensim-users] save iar authentication issues

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Thu Dec 10 02:51:24 UTC 2009

Thought I'd try out the IAR capability but cannot get it to work under Unix
or Windows - my user "Test User" is logged into the region but there is an
authentication issue - the "password" is correct since I use it on the
SL client
Also "myIP" is my external IP that is used and implemented in OpenSim.ini

The opensim version is 0.6.7-post-fixes, with a 2x2 Standalone, Hypergrid
enabled.

Any ideas? Must be missing something simple....

Region (root) # save iar Test User / password
21:42:41 - [INVENTORY ARCHIVER]: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FACILITY IS
EXPERIMENTAL.
  BUG REPORTS WELCOME.
21:42:41 - [INVENTORY ARCHIVER]: Saving archive user-inventory.iar from
inventory path / for Test User
21:42:41 - [INVENTORY ARCHIVER]: Could not authenticate password, XMLRPC
method
'authenticate_user_by_password' not yet implemented by user service at
http://myIP:9000
Region (root) #

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD