[Opensim-users] Which ports need to be opened?

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 08:40:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

I think you need to open the 9000 series ports - I have opened 9000 through 9010 and it seems to work nicely.

I run 4 regions with diva-r11651.

The minimum should be 9000, 9001, 9002, and 9003 (as specified out in ~/diva-r11651/bin/Regions/RegionConfig.ini ).

I opened all 11 to allow for experimentation and hypergrids.

As for posting your oar file, more content is always welcome!

Unfortunately the indexing of shared content is not very complete at present. There is a wiki entry at: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Free_Assets which seems to have most of the references, but I think there is at least one effort under way to produce a central repository as well.

You can edit the wiki by setting up an account to add the description and URL of whatever you upload.

I hope to share some content myself someday, but so far I am busy getting things like bots working as NPCs (Non Player Characters) for my role play sim.

Karen