[Opensim-users] MySQL connection string - pooling-false?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:18:50 UTC 2009

Ai Austin wrote:
> I have pooling=false on my MySQL connection string which I think was
> copied over from an early Opensim.ini config file when I first set up
> the data base many moons ago.  I notice its not in recent Opensim.ini
> connection string examples.
>
> Any advice on whether it should be removed or left in for good
> technical reasons?

The connection string is actually passed down directly to the MySQL .NET
connector.  Here's a reference

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-net-programming-connection-options.html

The default setting is true so you should be fine either to leave it in or
remove it.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org