[Opensim-users] only estate owner can log in from outside

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Sat Nov 15 16:24:05 UTC 2008

I have a 2x2 grid that I have been testing, and I am able to
log into this area using the original username that I specified
as the owner. For example, if I click "About Land", I see
that Estate Owner is correctly set. If I go to another computer
to log into the grid, it works only if I log in as the estate owner.
I've added 2 other users and they both work fine but only from
the computer that is running the servers (i.e., if I use the SL
browser from this computer, I can log in using any of the username/
passwords, but not from another computer where only the master
username/password works).

Some other notes:

* All 4 regions are set to "Public Access" under
   About Land->Access to this Parcel -> Allow Public Access

* World->Region/Estate->Estate shows Owner as (unknown)
   and Estate as (unknown)

* World->Region/Estate->Allow Public Access cannot be set.
    If you set it, and exit, upon returning, you'll note that it has been
    reset to off. The right-most windows such as "Allowed Residents"
    does not appear to work.

I am using OpenSim 0.6.0.7251

-p

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Phone: (352) 392-1414
Fax: (352) 392-1220
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick