[Opensim-users] UGAIM with mysql weird issue

Lc lcc1967 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:34:40 UTC 2008

Hello all,

since few weeks I got a very odd behaviour on my regions after every upgrade
performed every week.

I own a grid splitted on differents server all hosted on the same provider.
Both systems are "highhand" boxes with 100mb / 1gb
All run under unbuntu 8.04 and we are using mysql.

The issue :

Everytime i upgrade/update a region, the region is back to the default
island !
If i fallback, the "real island" is back with all the prims and stuff.

When I load a previously made OAR, all the data is restored fine, but the
sim freeze on evey database access like rezzing a box, perfrming a tp or a
login.
In this situation, rezzing a box take 30s to be created in world.
Of course, nothing in the log.

Yesterday I made this test:
I created a brand new region (new location, new uuid)
I imported an elevation map
rez a prim
restart the region
==> all fine
i updated this region with the next commit and the region was back to
default

I checked the DB and found all the data inside...

No errors messages in any logs of course.
A stop/start mysql didn't change anything...

Any idea ?

Thanks
Sacha