[Opensim-users] [PROPOSAL]: Sim version filtering (was Re: Sim Version Filtering (re: Mantis #0002361...)

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:08:18 UTC 2008

This approach works for me - I am not commited to any particular system, and
the more compatibility can be preserved, the better. It also addresses my
other principal concern, that of granularity. That being said, we still have
not addressed the issue of the region that is already registered with the
grid - where does this case fit into the picture?

As for a sunday release, unless miracles happen in the stability department
in the interim, I think that sunday may be a bit aggressive. Perhaps the
following sunday might be more realistic. Again, it all comes down to
stability. If we are reasonably stable by this sunday, that would be great,
and I'd be willing to endorse a release. If a week past sunday we are still
similarly unstable, I think a release would be a mistake then as well.

I think we need to remember that as developers, we drive the releases, the
releases dont drive us.

Cheers!
James

The wind