[Opensim-users] save/load xml region

matt raffel matt.raffel at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 4 16:39:16 UTC 2008

Paul

PNG does not work for terrain load-tile functions.  It has to be a R32
or F32 file.    I wish I would have kept the email reply that I received
concerning that.    (you can use PNG for terrain load, but that works
for a single region only and you have to change-region before issuing
the command).

I used L3DT to create my land and create the RAW file.   I believe it
can be used to create a RAW file from PNG.  Just remember to follow the
directions about exporting a raw from L3DT (i didn't follow them at
first duh!).    I did not create PNG files.  I used the generating
functions in L3DT to start my terrain.  I then used its 3D editor to
customize the terrain.   I also used the heightfield operation "change
vert. scale" to adjust the terrain.

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Using_L3DT

Matt