[Opensim-users] New script crashing SL client

Melanie Middlemiss melsa01 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 02:19:16 UTC 2008

Hi All,
I am using Second Life Client 1.21.6 (99587) Oct 14 2008 and OpenSim Rev: 6812 in grid mode.  I have created a new object and then a new script for that object.  I get a message saying compile successful and then when I go to open the script to edit it, the SL client crashes (it briefly opens the script and displays "loading").  I have restarted all the grid services on my servers and also my client machine but the problem still occurs.
I tried the same thing on a different machine using the Second Life Client 1.20.17 (99587) Oct 5 2008 and I can open and edit the script with no problem.
Can anyone please suggest how to fix this.  I guess I probably need to upate the OpenSim version, but am running a grid with quite a few users so am cautious on how often I update the opensim version.
Thanks,
Melanie