[Opensim-users] object persistence

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:07:30 UTC 2008

Paul Fishwick wrote:
> In either StandAlone or Grid mode, I am having problems
> with the persistence of the following:
>
>  (1) some objects that are set to "Physical" (via the object properties
>        tab). In Grid Mode, they sometimes disappear after the UGAIM
>       and OpenSim servers are shutdown and then restarted. I go back
>       in-world, and these objects set to "Physical" are gone.

As others have said, we don't save these at the moment and possibly could in some way.  I think Teravus knows more about
this decision (if he's not insanely busy).

>  (2) some object attributes: for example if an object is set to "Phantom",
>        the object persists after the servers restart but the attribute
> setting
>        of "Phantom" is not saved.

This is simply a bug, I believe.  I can't remember any open Mantis for this but it should be fixed.

>  (3) avatar shape and clothing (changed by using the Inventory-Create Shape,
>       etc)  - it is not saved from one server startup  to the next.

This is interesting because my shapes and wearables appear to save correctly between startups of my MySQL standalone
server.  However, others have reported problems in this area.  You might want to add to

if you have any further information.

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey