[Opensim-users] object persistence

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 13:28:38 UTC 2008

Frisby, Adam wrote:
> Physical object persistence is a little tricky - if we did a DB update for every physical prim movement, then obviously the sim would choke (and it used to before that change was made). Perhaps the middle ground is intermediary saves of high volume objects (ie every 30 secs).

Once upon a time we did save Physical prims if they stopped, which
seemed a reasonable approach to take.  That seems to be commented out in
the database drivers I've seen.

Another approach would be figuring out if they went a certain amount of
distance prior to being saved, though there would be a bit more overhead
there.

I do agree, not tracking physical objects at all in the persistence
stores seems like a bad idea.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade