[Opensim-users] issue with the compiled opensim version

sered second life seredsecondlife at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 20:46:10 UTC 2008

Hello all,

As I can't seem to get my mono/nant build environment set up correctly on
CentOS 5 64-bits<http://sered-sl.blogspot.com/2008/11/neverending-linux-lib-chase.html>,
I thought I'd give the build from opensimulator.org a whirl. Downloaded it
from:  http://builds.opensimulator.org and copied it to my server, but this
one fails with this error:

[root at machine bin]# mono OpenSim.exe
log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: No appender named
[NHibernateFileLog] could be found.
log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Appender named [NHibernateFileLog]
not found.
Performing compatibility checks...  Environment is compatible.

GLib-ERROR **: gmem.c:154: failed to allocate 488 bytes
aborting...
***MEMORY-ERROR***: OpenSim.exe[19161]: GSlice: Stacktrace:
failed to allocate 1008 bytes (alignment: 1024): Cannot allocate memory
  at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer..ctor () <0xffffffff>
  at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer..ctor () <0x000df>

Any ideas..?

Thanks!
Sered