[Opensim-users] binaries downloads: moved to another site or we have to compile it ourselves ?

Browser [ICE] browser_ice at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 21:12:11 UTC 2008

Hi, I am very new to OpenSim and I am a bit confused. As of about 2 weeks ago, I could download the latest stable OpenSim version from OpenSimulator.org.  But I discovered this weekend that  version I downloaded had been rolledback (think it was 0.5.5 or 0.5.4) because of Terrain commands. But when I got back to OpenSimulator, I did not see binaries download links anymore. All I see are source download links. I do not see infos pointing to a different downloading site.

Are the binaries downloads moved to another site ?  If so where and could you add an info on OpenSimulator to inform new users ?

Are they only available through a valid OpenSimulator account ?  Since the downloads were there freely available, I didn't bothered registering.

Or are they only available through compiling ourselves or Grid sites ?

I do not know a lot of OpenSim related sites.