[Opensim-users] Getting rid of NAT Loopback uncapable routers...

Miss Suzhanna Rossini suz at balsasluts.org
Sun Jul 20 08:42:06 UTC 2008

> Miss Suzhanna Rossini a écrit :

> regions

> >> terribly
> >> If you're absolutely committed to forcing yourself to do this the
> hard
> >> way by using Windows, you might see if you can't override the DNS
> for
> >> the hostname of your sim on your router to give a local address for
> >> that DNS entry instead of the one visible to the rest of the world.
> >

> > But that isn't very hard.. I just added my local IP addresses and
> host
> > names
> > in \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and off I went. Of course, you
> > cannot
> > do that on the server running the simulators, but only on your
> workstation
> > that you use to connect to your grid.
>
> Thanks Miss Suzhanna, thanks Paul for your answers !
>
> Indeed I do use the hosts file but without success (on Vista). When I
> try in my web browser to visit
> http://mypublicdomainname.tld:9000 I get the OOpss page from opensim.
> But nothing when I try
> to TP... anyway other people outside my LAN can :s I have to try on XP.
>
> Thanks again !

That's strange...
I run my workstation on Vista Business x64, and it goes perfectly fine. Or
rather, it WAS running fine.. ;-) A friend of mine helped me set up an old
computer as a router/firewall, using IP-Cop software, and apparently that
handles the "route-back" issues just fine. I have removed everything from my
local hosts file, and it works just fine anyway now.

/Suz