[Opensim-users] Running opensim as a service

Impalah impalah at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:28:01 UTC 2008

Let me be pessimist about this method... I think (I haven't tried, of
course, it's only experience) that you couldn't obtain access to the console
in "operation" mode (if you configure the .bat as "interactive" you'll get
the starting messages, but anything more). It's almost the same as ANYSRV...

That's why I ask for the "Linux" guys. I supose in Linux the server is
started after Linux boot but I don't know if they have access to the
console.

Unless there is some magic way for OS administration without the console we
will be very limited in the future for install it into production servers.
Tell a SysOp that you need to get your used logged "ad infinitum" in a
server and watch his red burning killer eyes.

Greetings