[Opensim-users] help with terrain

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Fri Feb 1 05:15:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm still struggling with being able to change the terrain correctly.
Maybe it's the terrain files that are wrong, but I tried the one that's
on the wiki and that doesn't work either, so maybe it's something else.
Server OS: MacOS X.
My server is constantly throwing an exception  that may have to do with
this:

---------

[SCENE] [01-31 08:49:39] Failed with exception
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object
  at OpenSim.Framework.Data.SQLite.SQLiteAssetData.UpdateAsset
(OpenSim.Framework.Types.AssetBase asset) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Framework.Data.SQLite.SQLiteAssetData.CreateAsset
(OpenSim.Framework.Types.AssetBase asset) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Framework.Communications.Caches.SQLAssetServer.CreateAsset
(OpenSim.Framework.Types.AssetBase asset) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Framework.Communications.Caches.AssetCache.AddAsset
(OpenSim.Framework.Types.AssetBase asset) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Region.Environment.Scenes.Scene.CreateTerrainTexture ()
[0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Region.Environment.Scenes.Scene.Update () [0x00000]

Failed generating terrain map: System.TypeInitializationException: An
exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus
---> System.DllNotFoundException:
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/1.2.6/lib/libgdiplus.dylib
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup
(ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] --- End of inner
exception stack trace--
  at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor (System.String filename, Boolean
useIcm) [0x00000]
  at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor (System.String filename) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Bitmap:.ctor
(string)
  at OpenSim.Region.Terrain.TerrainEngine.ExportJpegImage (System.String
gradientmap) [0x00000]

---------

That library is there, I checked. Looking at the wiki, someone mentions
that the loading may fail if dependent libraries fail -- an example
given is libexif. I don't see this libexif anywhere ! Should I install
it from sourceforge? What other libraries are important? Anyone running
OpenSim on MacOS has seen this exception before?

Any help appreciated!
-Crista