[Opensim-users] Consequences of vicinity

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Tue Dec 30 16:17:59 UTC 2008

Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
> Is it worth updating the interface version number in OpenSim.Framework.Servers.VersionInfo to ensure that this is
> enforced automatically for grids?

Yes, to some extent, but not completely. This is about sim-sim comms,
not sim-grid comms. Therefore if you have a running sim connected to
osgrid who's owner is on vacation, that sim will continue to run -- and
maybe cause problems to the neighbors -- even if you bump up the version
number in Servers. We would need to check the version number on
inter-region comms, not just on region registration with the grid. Or
else on region registration, the grid server should look into the
VersionNumber of the potential neighbors and warn/disallow registrations
when the version numbers are not compatible.