[Opensim-users] Streaming Media Question

Robert Klein rtkwebman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 18:28:37 UTC 2008

I am fairly familiar with the mechanics of dealing with media in SL and to
some extent OpenSim. I can get Quicktime files to play on a media texture by
placing the URL in the Media URL: field so I know it works. I grabbed the
Freeview code, placed it on a prim and it runs just fine for the most part.
The only problem is it plays or controls just the parcel media stream. It
does not respond to playing any other streams, Quicktime or otherwise. Any
thoughts? Is Quicktime the only supported video format so far?

Here are a couple of other questions:
How can we play YouTube videos in OpenSim or does that work yet?
If I have a local file (mov, qt, flv, swf, mp4, etc.) in the opensim/bin
directory can I access it without streaming it from another server?

Thanks so much for any advice/help you can provide.

Running 7632 in Ubuntu 8.10