[Opensim-users] oddities with SecondInventory and Opensim 770x

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 13:26:02 UTC 2008

Lc wrote:
> what i found until now :
>
> The previously inventory items are still in the db, at least the inventory
> table is not altered whatsoever, but the freshly uploaded items are not
> inserted.
>
> I need to "sql" the association inventory / Asset now.

If things "look like they uploaded", but don't end up in the db, I'm
pretty sure that's the CAPs fail bug.  Just because something shows up
in your inventory, doesn't mean it's actually there for real.  For
performance reasons the Lindens made inventory add async, so you think
it's there before it's really ever made it to the backend.  If all goes
well, it's an optimization.  If it doesn't go well... you are boned.

It would be good to see if there were any exceptions on the simulator
or inventory server during this process.  It may be that one of the
fields of the object is malformed, and we aren't catching that softly.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade
sdague at gmail.com