[Opensim-users] Permissions

Frisby, Adam adam at deepthink.com.au
Sun Dec 7 12:11:02 UTC 2008

To address just a tiny portion of this -
if a script is on a server, then the server admin can get it, it's worth operating any business assumptions you have with that principle in mind.

There's nothing you can do even theoretically to disallow this from happening (CIL can be reversed back into C# fairly easily - Reflector for instance can do it accurately). The only ways to prevent that from happening is to prevent the script from being copied onto that server - one such way of doing this might be to run the script remotely. (ala a 'hosted' model)

Regards,

Adam