[Opensim-users] opensim migration strategy

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 6 11:16:26 UTC 2008

Thanks for the up to date upgrading notes. Its an important topic to
document well.  Will you add this to the Upgrading Wiki page?

>METHOD 1: If Using SQLite in StandAlone Mode
>
>1. Build the latest version from source (or download the binaries)
>2. Put this new installation in a new folder
>3. Copy the following files from the old \bin to the new \bin
>    3a. All *.db files
>    3b. The opensim.ini file
>    3c. The \bin\regions XML files
>4. Launch the new opensim.exe

I see from my own previous upgrading notes that I also copy
over   "estate_settings.xml"

Is this necessary, or will that be created automatically by
Opensim.exe and retain all the relevant information, previous region
UUIDs, etc?

Perhaps someone could also check if "estate_settings.xml" is
necessary when using MYSQL in StandAlone and/or Grid modes too?