[Opensim-users] Voice in Open Sim grids

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 23:55:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 09:43:51 +1000
"Lindy McKeown" <lindyaustralia at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested in talking to anyone who has voice running in some
> form for their Open Sim grids? I am based in a university and we want
> to set up an Open Sim grid for teaching and learning. We already have
> a Second Life Island. The language teachers want voice so I am after
> the best solution. Thanks

I'm not running a grid, but there are two blog posts that describe how
to get voice running with OpenSim:

http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/2008/04/18/opensim-voice-support-the-goal-is-in-sight/
http://zaki.asia/?p=11

At this point they're a little dated (in Internet time), but should
still be relevant unless some major changes took place with the SL
Viewer. Perhaps someone knows of newer resources?

The setup doesn't look too simple, but don't let that discourage you :D

Hope that helps,
Mike