[Opensim-users] Missing Default region

david at pryor.eu.com david at pryor.eu.com
Tue Aug 26 14:10:01 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have a problem and I have no idea where to look or what caused it.

The default region is missing, on the mini map it is just shown as an empty
space. Also the default island shape (small round island) has gone missing
from my grid. The default island was used in several regions where I had not
placed anything else, now objects placed on these islands are left floating
just above sea level. The missing islands are a minor problem for me since I
can load another terrain file or edit the land that is there and land
appears, just as it should.

My main problem is the missing default region, if I try and load another
region into the same space x1000, y1000 the server tells me that I already
have a region there called "Opensim Island" and crashes. If viewed on the
mini map there is a hole in the map and when viewed in world the space is
empty other than a glittering sea. The region cannot be entered, trying to
causes the avatar to bounce around the edges but does not crash the system.
I have tried loading a terrain file, this resulted in all regions having the
terrain file applied to them. Unfortunately it did not recreate the missing
region.

As I said earlier I have no idea what has happened or how it happened, it is
therefore very difficult to know what information I should supply to assist
in finding a resolution. If anybody has any idea how I can go about fixing
this I would be very grateful. If there are any files or logs needed please
ask and I will post them as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Dave