[Opensim-users] Setup Opensim in Grid mode

Louis Platini louis.platini at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 11:14:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

trying to set up opensim in Grid mode.
Everything works, but no login from another PC on the LAN network is
possible.

I did following tests:
- start in standalone mode op PC 1, login with test user account on PC 2 ->
OK
- start in standalone mode with mysql on PC 1, login with test user account
on PC 2 -> OK
- start in grid mode (all executables)  on PC 1, login with test user
account on PC 2 -> NOK
       -> changed port 9000 to port 8002

When I create an user with OpenSim.Grid.UserServer.exe (on PC 1) I get an
error:

the command is "create user" and then you provide all information asked for.

The answer is : Error creating inventory for user: System.Exception: The
inventory creation request for user d5bbd91f-a864-4874-a097-43e4c2803bd3 did
not succeed. Please contact your inventory service provider for more
information.

when I check the database, there is a record added to the user table.
Nothing is added to the inventoryitems table (if this is expected).

Using opensim v0.5.8. Revision: 5774

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
Louis