[Opensim-users] Proposal for removing "ERROR: There was an error while scanning assembly:" message

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Apr 21 18:13:34 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 08:58:46PM +0200, Stefan Andersson wrote:
> Justin,
>
> First: we should strive to have one system/paradigm to maintain plugins. (We were supposed to have one system/paradigm to handle config files too, but we've all seen how far we've come on that...)
>
> Second: A plugin handling infrastructure ain't no rocket science; and should not be construed as such. If we gave our current module system some love (as in refactoring and care) I'm pretty sure it can be made into something sexy, simple and solid.
>
> Whatever we do, we should support
> a) pick-up loading of modules (shared/non-shared region,and
> application) from one designated pick-up directory
> b) explicit loading of modules (shared/non-shared region,and
> application) via path in config file

One of the other nice things the Mono.Addin system gives us if we lean
on it more is an online repository module, including publishing of
addins to the repo(s), and installation / enablement from there.

I think if we manage to work with the Mono.Addin guys to help us get it
fixed for our short comings, it is the best approach here.  I just fired
off an email to their google group asking about the ERROR issue and the
multiple directory issue to see if there is anything useful that we
might be able to do there.

    -Sean