[Opensim-users] load-xml in later versions

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:52:01 UTC 2008

Ying Zhong wrote:
> opensim-users-request at lists.berlios.de schrieb:
>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 13:48:26 +0100
>> From: Ai Austin <ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com>
>> Subject: [Opensim-users] load-xml in later versions
>> To: opensim-users at lists.berlios.de
>>
>> I wonder if anyone can help me with prim XML save and load
>> issue....  I built a building under version 3697 and have it saved as
>> XML and the Version 2 XML.  I was trying to move it to the official
>> 0.5.4 binary build or the latest April 7th nightly binary build and
>> cannot get it to load...  I get this error...   but the XML file
>> itself has no <Element> item in it at all anyway... I an using
>> -newUID on the reload, but I wondered if there might be hard coded
>> UUIDs for the original creator avatar in there causing the problem?
>>
>> Is there a reliable way to export the prims from an earlier version
>> of Opensim in such a way that I can load them back into a fresh copy
>> of the latest versions of Opensim?
>>

>> load-xml testing.xml -newUID 0 0 20
>>
>> loadOffsets <X,Y,Z> = <0,0,20>
>>
>> 13:33:34 - [TASK INVENTORY]: Initial task inventory deserialization
>> CanDeserialize() call was False
>>
>> 13:33:34 - [Console]: Command [load-xml tesing.xml -newUID 0 0 20]
>> failed with exception System.Xml.XmlException: 'Element' is an
>> invalid XmlNodeType. Line 1, position 964.

The issue might actually be fixed in the latest build - some further
fixes were performed on object deserialization

> I have also met this problem 2 weeks ago. After I set the "physics"
> option in opensim.ini to another engine instead of basicphysics, e.g.
> physics = OpenDynamicsEngine,  the load-xml works ok now...
>
> Ying
>
>> Any help appreciated so I don't lose the building, and indeed can
>> reliably save and reload such initial setups in future too.  Ai
>>
>> P.S. What is the difference between save-xml and save-xml2 formats by the way?

I keep asking that question myself!  I would love to know, especially if
we eliminate one of them (perhaps load-xml2/save-xml2)?  Please shout if
you are using this option, and why.

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey