[Opensim-users] NAT and standalone opensim

ursula.matova at klintcentral.net ursula.matova at klintcentral.net
Tue Apr 8 13:39:10 UTC 2008

Hi Thomas,

I forgot something important ...
When I use a hostname from Dyndns.org, it's because my own DNS server did the name resolution for internal servers.

So, your external_ip should be your "public IP" or your "external hostname" that refer to that public IP.

For a standalone Sim, it works, but in grid mode ... It's a bit more difficult ( impossible ) ... test in progress at home :)

Let me back home in a few hours and I'll try to send you more precise informations about the configuration.

Please, let me know about the firewall you are using. It's really different from an os to another ;)

Regards,

Ursula.