[Opensim-users] NAT and standalone opensim

Mekota, Thomas (NSN - DE/Muenich) thomas.mekota at nsn.com
Tue Apr 8 06:32:02 UTC 2008

Hello everybody,
I'm still struggling with my standalone OpenSim and NAT.
As long as I put the external IP address in the regions file everything works fine and I can access the region.
As soon as I put in the host name (DNS entries exist) in the region file, the client starts up normally, but
stops at the 'region handshake' and tells me after the timeout unable to connect ...
Within Wireshark I can see a lot of packets going back and forth until the region handshake starts.

I feel very stupid right now, but does anybody have an idea where my mistake is?

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best regards
Thomas Mekota