[Opensim-users] load-xml in later versions

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 7 12:48:26 UTC 2008

I wonder if anyone can help me with prim XML save and load
issue....  I built a building under version 3697 and have it saved as
XML and the Version 2 XML.  I was trying to move it to the official
0.5.4 binary build or the latest April 7th nightly binary build and
cannot get it to load...  I get this error...   but the XML file
itself has no <Element> item in it at all anyway... I an using
-newUID on the reload, but I wondered if there might be hard coded
UUIDs for the original creator avatar in there causing the problem?

Is there a reliable way to export the prims from an earlier version
of Opensim in such a way that I can load them back into a fresh copy
of the latest versions of Opensim?

load-xml testing.xml -newUID 0 0 20

loadOffsets <X,Y,Z> = <0,0,20>

13:33:34 - [TASK INVENTORY]: Initial task inventory deserialization
CanDeserialize() call was False

13:33:34 - [Console]: Command [load-xml tesing.xml -newUID 0 0 20]
failed with exception System.Xml.XmlException: 'Element' is an
invalid XmlNodeType. Line 1, position 964.

Any help appreciated so I don't lose the building, and indeed can
reliably save and reload such initial setups in future too.  Ai

P.S. What is the difference between save-xml and save-xml2 formats by the way?