[Opensim-users] Any ideas?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:06:15 UTC 2008

Terry Ford wrote:
> Hi All,
> After compiling the latest trunk version I cannot get the grid server to
> start up.
>
> Everyday For about 2 weeks I have been religiously building a new
> version from the trunk and testing it out.
> Last night I again built the latest version, but when trying to startup
> the grid server, it will not run... It keeps crashing on startup.
>
> I tried building from trunk again this morning ... same results.
>
> Everything goes well during the build... no errors or warnings.
>
> I'm using the same MySQL connection settings I have been using for 2
> weeks which have worked fine on all previous builds, but now suddenly
> the grid server will not run.
>
> On gridserver start up I get the "DREADED" "OGS-GridServer has
> encountered a problem and needs to close" message.
> The error report contains the following info.
>
> error signature
> Event Type: clr20r3   P1 : opensim.grid.gridserver.exe   P2 : 1.0.0.0
> P3 : 47f6482c   P4 : opensim.grid.gridserver   P5 : 1.0.0.0
> P6 : 47f6482c   P7 : 3   P8 : 73   P9 : system.invalidcastexception
>
> I don't know what this means... but I'm hoping some1 here can shed some
> light on it.

Unfortunately, that error stuff probably isn't going to be enough.  Is
there any other information?  I'm specifically talking about an
exception stack that would pop out on the Grid console on command line.
If you're not running the command line, you might want to give that a
go, and mantis the exception that pops out.  Unfortunately, it's
probably not something that would get recorded in the log (though you
could look).

--
justincc