[Opensim-users] starting opensim without console?

sered secondlife seredsecondlife at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 09:16:06 UTC 2007

I use this little script to start the server in standalone mode:

#! /bin/sh
cd /etc/opensim/bin
screen -d -m mono /etc/opensim/bin/OpenSim.exe -physics=OpenDynamicsEngine
echo "opensim running in standalone mode, ODE physics"

For running in grid mode, I have a similar script that starts the
necessary servers.

One drawback is that you can't interact with the console, for instance
to create new users or something like that.

Cheers,
Sered