[Opensim-dev] Assistance Needed: Creating User Accounts in OpenSimulator via PHP

Skimi skimi.mission at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 07:02:11 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

I am working on a frontend project to facilitate user account creation
using PHP for OpenSimulator. Initially, I attempted to write the necessary
data directly to the database by creating entries in the auth,
useraccounts, and inventoryfolders tables. However, this approach did not
yield the desired results.

Upon further investigation, I came across the idea of using the XMLRPC
interface to achieve this. I tried sending an XMLRPC request to create a
user but encountered an error stating that the create_user method was not
found.

I am now seeking any guidance or examples on how one can utilize the XMLRPC
interface in OpenSimulator for user creation. I am also open to other
approaches for user creation in OpenSimulator via PHP, should there be
alternative methods.

I truly appreciate any help or advice that the community can provide, as I
have been working on this issue for a while and am unsure of how to
proceed. I am also more than willing to share more details about my project
if needed.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and support!

Best regards,
Skimi