[Opensim-dev] glTF material support

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Wed Jun 21 04:34:11 UTC 2023

I've tried ubit's GLTF test region with Sharpview, even
though I don't support them yet. The objects with new materials
come up in grey, as expected. Now I need to do the viewer side.

Questions:

How do I get the UUID of the glTF asset? Is that in the material
UUID slot of the texture info, or is it somewhere else?

Can objects have both an old-style material and a new-style glTF
material?

What's the capability for fetching material assets?

Yeah, I could dig this out of the SL code. If someone
answers this, I'll start a page in the OMRG wiki and
document it.

			John Nagle
			Animats