[Opensim-dev] Inventory ops causing lag

Michel Beauregard gimisa at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 15 19:42:34 UTC 2022

I am no developper so dont take my word as an answer Sine X.
But as a grid operatror here is my take,

1) if your within osgrid as local user a request for an inventory item is only an entry in  the database inventory under your name . So it should not make much of a lag to you until you rez that new item .

2) If you are a HG visitor in osgrid taking an item from that grid will request the inventory entry just as before but also a check in your local grid if the asset of that inventory exist . If not a transfer of asset accures but that is grid to grid and again should not affect you in term of lag between your viewer and local region .

At least its my understanding until you get a better answer .
Hope it helps
GiMiSa