[Opensim-dev] Making Youtube reaction videos using opensim

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 19:13:43 UTC 2021

Hello,
Out of curiosity, I wanted to see if it is possible to make reaction videos
using Opensimulator.
This experiment was fun but not entirely successful. I am still learning
about the approach, experienced some difficulties involved which is great
because now I have many more new challenges to address. In any case, this
is the result of the first attempt.

I picked a source video about a topic that is fairly current and
controversial. Some information about the chosen topic: Recently, there
were a number of negative media reports about how SpaceX is harassing the
inhabitants of Boca Chica. I tried to gather as much data as I can in order
to inform a better opinion of this situation. For the more technically
inclined, the virtual world I am using is hosted by Kitely (kitely.com).
The video was recorded using OBS. I hope educators will try this approach
on their own and try to see how it can be improved.
Here's the result, keep in mind it's an experiment.
https://youtu.be/knzq8_cDpKk

Please like and subscribe so that more people know about opensimulator
(opensim). I will keep on encouraging everyone to make videos and share
their ideas and work. My struggle to find out what virtual worlds can
really be used for continues :)
Best
Ramesh