[Opensim-dev] Check if we are impacted by latest Zero-day exploiting Apache Log4j logging library

Michel Beauregard gimisa at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 14 17:07:36 UTC 2021

" Fred says that before Log4Net 2.0.10 it has the same bug as Log4J
according CVE-2018-1285..."
I think Fred is  referring to following security  test dating 2020. Where they  had identify vulnerability in both 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 versions. As you can see from the patch date that has been solved last year. And  fix in version 2.0.10
[LOG4NET-575] log4net function having XXE vulnerability - ASF JIR

|  |
[LOG4NET-575] log4net function having XXE vulnerability - ASF JIRA

The JIRA list does not seem to point to anything new that would relate o Log4j  Zero-Day problem.

Please consider I am not an expert , but   Log4Net is NOT Log4J.

The Apache log4net library is a tool to help the programmer output log statements to a variety of output targets. log4net is a port of the excellent Apache log4j™ framework to the Microsoft® .NET runtime. Apache have kept the framework similar " in spirit  "  to the original log4j while taking advantage of new features in the .NET runtime.

Ref https://logging.apache.org/log4net/

GiMiSa