[Opensim-dev] Old ODE still to keep?

Leal Duarte ajlduarte at sapo.pt
Sun Dec 1 16:05:50 UTC 2019

Hi,

     Old ODE physics module was rendered obsolete with the introduction
of BulletSim physics module, back in 2012, and even more with the
introduction of ubODE on 0.9x series.

     Old ODE engine is very different from the new ones, in particular
on lsl vehicle model simulation, reason why we still keep it.

     But changes on the rest of the region code, in particular LSL/OSSL
functions, made the old content dependent on it, to have other issues.

     Its support increases the difficulty of improving the rest of the
simulation (in this case also the unmanaged c/c++ support library i.e.
modified Open Dynamics Engine.

     Please let us know if you still need it, or we can drop it...

Regards,

Ubit.