[Opensim-dev] Asset and Grid Robust server just exits.

Cinder Roxley cinder at alchemyviewer.org
Fri Nov 16 12:45:28 UTC 2018

On November 15, 2018 at 10:52:02 AM, Mike Dickson (
mike.dickson at rivendellnh.com) wrote:

Seems based on load. They'll run overnight and late morning one will crash
w/the other usually a minute or 2 behind it. I've investigated lots of
possibilities. Plenty of file handles available. It's not ephemeral port
exhaustion. I have systemd set up to auto restart the processes. Systemd
reports an exit status of 1. But the pid file isn't cleaned up and there
are no crashes. Happens regardless of the mono version I run.

Which asset service are you running? There are three, iirc. FSAssets has
particularly nasty resource leaks. These lead to memory exhaustion and
eventually the OOM killer puts a bullet in its head. Check if this is the
case via /var/log/messages. This is also why I had suggested trying my
alternative asset service written in Go which uses a fraction of the memory
and scales out quite nicely.